Advanced Android(TM) Application Development, Fourth Edition, is the definitive guide to building robust, commercial-grade Android apps. Systematically revised and updated, this guide brings together powerful, advanced techniques for the entire app development cycle, including design, coding, testing, debugging, and distribution. With the addition of quizzes and exercises in every chapter, it is ideal for both professional and classroom use.
An outstanding practical reference for the newest Android APIs, this guide provides in-depth explanations of code utilizing key API features and includes downloadable sample apps for nearly every chapter. Together, they provide a solid foundation for any modern app project.
Throughout, the authors draw on decades of in-the-trenches experience as professional mobile developers to provide tips and best practices for highly efficient development. They show you how to break through traditional app boundaries with optional features, including the Android NDK, Google Analytics and Android Wear APIs, and Google Play Game Services.
New coverage in this edition includes
- Integrating Google Cloud Messaging into your apps
- Utilizing the new Google location and Google Maps Android APIs
- Leveraging in-app billing from Google Play, as well as third-party providers
- Getting started with the Android Studio IDE
- Localizing language and using Google Play App Translation services
- Extending your app's reach with Lockscreen widgets and DayDreams
- Leveraging improvements to Notification, Web, SMS, and other APIs
Annuzzi has released new source code samples for use with Android Studio. The code updates are posted to the associated blog site: http: //advancedandroidbook.blogspot.com/
This title is an indispensable resource for intermediate- to advanced-level Java programmers who are now developing for Android, and for seasoned mobile developers who want to make the most of the new Android platform and hardware.
This revamped, newly titled edition is a complete update of Android(TM) Wireless Application Development, Volume II: Advanced Topics, Third Edition.