Since its establishment the work of the Human Rights Council (UNHRC) has been subject to many interpretations, with differing theories proffered and conclusions drawn.
This comprehensive guide, from an author with an intimate knowledge of the organisation, dissects every aspect of the UNHRCs work examines the efficiency of, and interactions between, its mechanisms. The book also offers a meticulous overview of the structure and functions of the Council and its processes, providing readers not only with a clear and practical guide, but a platform from which to formulate their own opinions and conclusions.
- Authored by the first Secretary of the UNHRC
- Unique practical insights from a UN insider
- Explanation of the complex decision-making processes of the Council
- UNHRC procedures described within the overall context in which they operate
- Highlights vital, but hard to access, UN and UNHRC documents and references
Clear and accessible, this informative book will be a key resource for NGO's, diplomats, UN officials and other participants in UNHRC proceedings, whilst also being valuable to human rights students and academics seeking to broaden their understanding of UNHRC operations.
عنوان: The UN Human Rights Council A Practical Anatomy (Elgar Practical Guides) (9781789907933)
نویسنده: Eric Tistounet
ناشر: Edward Elgar Pub (February 28, 2020)
شابک: 1789907934, 978-1789907933
حجم: 4 Mb
فرمت: Original PDF