Now in its Sixth Edition, Fundamentals of Business Organizations for Paralegals offers basic coverage of every form of business organization in the United States. With a straightforward treatment of all pertinent topics, Deborah E. Bouchoux expertly balances substantive discussion with practical guidance for the paralegal.
New to the Sixth Edition:
- Discussion of 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and how it affects all pass-through entities and corporations
- New case summaries illustrating core principles in each chapter, including a case illustration of In re Trulia, Inc. Stockholder Litigation, the 2016 Delaware case relating to judicial scrutiny of settlements that provide no financial recovery to shareholders who challenge mergers
- Discussion of the change in the U.S. system from a worldwide tax system to a modified territorial system
- Discussion of new trends in corporate law, including inversions (reincorporating a U.S. company in a foreign country to obtain a lower tax rate), mechanisms to deter inversions, and the use of cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin in initial coin offerings
- Review of new trends in corporate governance and trends in shareholder proposals
- New and updated sample forms
Professors and students will benefit from:
- Thorough yet concise treatment of business organizations, offering a readable overview of each business entity in the United States. For each type of business organization, the text addresses:
- The nature of the business
- The advantages and disadvantages of each type of organization
- Business operation and management
- Transferability of ownership
- Formation and dissolution of the business
- Tax implications for each type of organization
- Up-to-date coverage of new trends and topics
- Helpful visual aids and charts that illustrate and highlight important topics
- Sample forms that appear in context throughout the book
- Internet resources, including a list of relevant websites in each chapter, that direct the reader to additional information, forms, and agreements online
- Key Terms that are defined in the margins for quick reference
- Discussion of the role of the paralegal in each chapter, including a list of tasks commonly performed in relation to each topic
- Discussion Questions that engage students in the classroom and ensure that students understand the material covered. Net Worth research questions teach students to locate information by accessing commonly used business-related Internet sites.
- Practice Tips in each chapter that provide professional advice for paralegals
- A complete glossary that provides an easy reference for terminology
Teaching materials include:
- An Instructors Manual with Test Bank. The Test Bank includes questions for each chapter and sample exams.
- PowerPoint Slides
عنوان: Paralegal Series Fundamentals of Business Organizations for Paralegals (9781454896258) Bouchoux, Deborah E.
ناشر: Wolters Kluwer; 6 edition (September 14, 2018)
شابک: 1454896256, 978-1454896258
حجم: 10 Mb
فرمت: Epub + Converted Pdf