Welcome to Hollywood! Follow the saga of the Acme Pictures movie studio as it exchanges information with its vendor and its primary customer to put low-budget sci-fi movies on shelves. This entertaining case study showcases the requirements, standards, and capabilities for building an SAP EDI system and optimizing electronic information exchange via IDocs. From configuring IDocs, to customizing IDocs with ALE, to generating purchase orders and goods receipts, to processing invoices, this script teaches you how to make your EDI system a star.
* Master the concepts and principles behind EDI and IDocs
* Explore EDI business processes, architecture, and administration
* Configure IDocs for B2B integration and information exchange
See what makes IDocs in SAP and EDI the heart, bones, arteries, and brains of modern businesses and government organizations.
The Full Picture
Build the EDI system step by step, from generating the purchase order, to building outbound order confirmation, to processing the inbound payment advice using IDocs.
Using ABAP, ALE, and XML, explore custom utilities that extend standard SAP functionality.
Testing Your System
Learn how to achieve success and diagnose failure by using monitoring tools to troubleshoot.
* Business process integration
* IDoc architecture and configuration
* Custom IDocs and extensions
* Mapping specifications
* Message control
* Customer purchase orders
* Replication services
* Inbound goods receipts and invoices
* Outbound advance shipments and invoices
* Custom IDoc tools
* EDI and IDocs troubleshooting and recovery
- ISBN-10 : 1592298710
- ISBN-13 : 978-1592298716