Neuroanatomy and Neurophysiology for Speech and Hearing Sciences provides a thorough yet readable examination of the neuroanatomical underpinnings within communication sciences and disorders. The textbook is designed for undergraduate or graduate courses related to the neuroscience of speech and hearing. Each chapter begins with detailed learning outcomes and also sets the context for the content in understandable terms, providing the student with an understanding of the importance of knowing the material. Additionally, each chapter ends with study questions to reinforce the content and check comprehension.
After introduction to the field and to anatomical concepts, the text takes the student from discussion of neurons and other basic components to examination of basic reflexes and sensorimotor integration. The following chapters focus on the cerebral cortex and its function, particularly as related to neurophysiology of speech and hearing. The next section of the text discusses subcortical structures, the brainstem, cranial nerves, cerebellum and pathways. The text culminates in discussion of motor control for speech and swallowing.
- More than 175 images and photographs presented in full-color
- More than 65 tables that provide succinct depth and detail to the content
- 16 neurological fully-annotated case studies with SLP diagnostic information, as well as 6 cases from neurosurgeons that include MRI and/or video
- 45 boxed notes give informative and fascinating support to the content, including focus on neuroscience as it relates to speech-language pathology and audiology
- Coverage of the neurophysiology of swallowing
- Detailed discussion of auditory pathway and signal analysis
- Clearly written with abundant supporting citations
- Key terms are highlighted throughout the text and included in a glossary
- A PluralPlus companion website including Neuroquest animation software, online study materials, and PowerPoint lecture slides.
The Neuroquest study software delivers content in a form that is both accessible and meaningful to the student. Use of quizzes and testing helps the student review the content, solidifying the concepts from the text. The software provides an excellent study tool for the student, modeled after four other highly successful software tools developed for anatomy, physiology, and auditory physiology.
عنوان: Neuroanatomy and Neurophysiology for Speech and Hearing Sciences
نویسنده: Medicine & Health Science Books @ Amazon.com
ناشر: Plural Publishing; 1 edition (November 19, 2018)
شابک: 1635500710, 978-1635500714
حجم: 84 Mb
فرمت: TRU pdf