NOW WITH VIDEOS!
Dysphagia Following Stroke, Third Edition is a practical and easy-to-use resource for clinicians treating swallowing disorders in the stroke population. The authors bridge the gap between academic and clinical practice with up-to-date research and clinical case examples throughout.
In addition to a thorough overview of dysphagia diagnosis and management, this text focuses heavily on evaluation and management of stroke. Key topics include neural underpinnings of normal and disordered swallowing, swallowing screening, the clinical swallowing examination including cough reflex testing, the expanding array of instrumental swallowing modalities, and the rehabilitation of swallowing including strength training, non-invasive brain stimulation, and skill training. While geared toward practicing clinicians, ''Dysphagia Following Stroke'' is also useful for students in professional training programs.
New to the Third Edition:
- A third author, Kristin Gozdzikowska, bring a fresh perspective as a young clinician and researcher with particular expertise in high resolution manometry and various cutting-edge treatment techniques
- New larger 6" x 9" trim size
- Updated chapters on assessment to include new and emerging instrumental technologies, including high resolution manometry, impedance, and ultrasound
- Updated chapters on management to include the newly described International Dysphagia Diet Standardization Initiative
- New and expanded framework for rehabilitation, with a shift from peripherally focused rehabilitation to neuromodulation of cortical swallowing control
- New and updated research and trends in clinical practice throughout
- Access to a PluralPlus companion site with videos and clinical forms
This thoroughly updated and enhanced edition of Dysphagia Following Stroke is sure to remain a valued resource for clinicians working with stroke patients in all settings.
عنوان: Dysphagia Following Stroke, Third Edition (Clinical Dysphagia)
نویسنده: Medicine & Health Science Books @ Amazon.com
ناشر: Plural Publishing; 3 edition (February 1, 2019)
شابک: 1635500303, 978-1635500301
حجم: 5 Mb
فرمت: Original PDF